Youth Programs Recruiter
Oakland Park, FL
Salary Negotiable and Commensurate with Experience
Benefits offered after probationary period
Medical – Dental – Vision – Paid Holidays – 401k w/ Match
General Purpose of the Position:
The Youth Programs Recruiter (YPR) is responsible for outreach and increasing awareness and access to job seekers with an emphasis on young adults ages 18 – 23 in Broward County who can benefit from CareerSource Broward services. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring there is a steady flow of new customers interested in the WIOA Program as well as the Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP).
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide outreach to community agencies, secondary/post-secondary schools, and other organizations throughout Broward County to identify youth who are interested in receiving employment and training services.
- Develop and deliver orientations to youth to increase their understanding of the WIOA program.
- Conduct pre-assessments with youth to determine their skills, strengths, and career interests to assist in tailoring services to their needs.
- Assist youth with the pre-registration steps and eligibility process to ensure a seamless progression to enrollment.
- Coordinate and participate in community activities to educate the community regarding CareerSource Broward’s youth programs and services; this will have an emphasis on the distressed communities.
- Represent CBSD at community events tailored to youth, presenting an overview of youth services and distributing materials. Be a visible presence in coordinating with community partners to increase youth engagement.
- Provide periodic updates to the Youth Program Supervisor and Summer Youth Employment Program Manager.
- Develop and maintain a mechanism for progress reporting on all related activities.
- Investigate technology, strategies, and other marketing tools to improve outreach to new and current community partners and job seekers. Support individual targeted groups by customizing presentations to help address their unique needs.
- Develop a continuous flow of new youth job seekers to be considered for WIOA enrollment and the Summer Youth Employment Program.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, the public, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and text messages.
- May be assigned other responsibilities on a temporary or ongoing basis as necessary for the delivery of quality service within the Center.
- A Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social science, business administration, or a related field plus a minimum of three years relevant work experience involving case management is required.
- Must be experienced in and demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have prior experience achieving excellence and demonstrating continuous improvement.
- Must possess good presentation and public speaking skills.
- Strong ability and demonstrated experience in balancing multiple priorities, meeting deadlines, working independently, and achieving assigned tasks are required.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Word and Excel skills.
- Must possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
We are an EOE.