$18.00 to $22.00 hourly to start
M to F – 7 am to 3:15 pm – TRAINING
Must be able to work 2nd shift – 3 pm to 11:15 pm and 3rd shift – 11 pm to 7 am
Benefits – Plenty
UPMC Medical 70% Paid, dental, vision available. 401K after 1 year with 100% match up to 3%, 50% match up to 5%. 8 paid holidays plus bonus. Life and Disability Insurance
The Welder utilizes argon/oxygen welding tools to assemble products according to blueprints and knowledge of welding and metallurgy. The worker prepares the equipment and welds the parts while continually monitoring the quality of the product throughout the process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to all safety requirements and protocols.
- Read work instructions and/or blueprints to confirm production/assembly information and pieces have been tacked correctly.
- Interpret drawings to determine weld symbols.
- Perform finish welds to complete assembly.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the Team Leader or member of the Management Team.
- Complete job requirements with minimal supervision.
- Use conventional and precision measuring instruments.
- Accurately document applicable job, product and quality information utilizing computer and paper documents as required.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and tools as required/requested.
- Focus on quality and speed, performing all tasks with a sense of urgency toward excellence.
- Other duties as assigned by the Team Leader and Management Team.
Qualifications / Education
- Minimum of a high school diploma and preferably formal training/certification in welding
- Must receive AWS D1.1 certification within initial 6 months of employment as a Welder at COMPANY
- Working knowledge of wire and filler materials applications for various steel alloys, aluminum, and some exotic materials
- Knowledge of fixtures and weld set up parameters such as amps, volts, etc.
- One year of experience welding - preferably in a fabrication shop
- Must be familiar with all machines required to perform the tasks stated above
- Ability to operate welding tools
We are an EOE.