Warehouse Dock Worker – 2 am to 10:30 am
$18.00/hour to start
Temp to Hire
Sunday thru Thursday – 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm
Full benefit package
Health, Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, Paid holidays, Paid time off, 401K matching program
Description of Essential Job Functions:
- Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand as needed.
- Safely climb in and out of trailers.
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes, and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally).
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies (e.g., pallets, straps, rope).
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery.
- Safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports.
- Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-pace and deadline oriented.
- Safely work in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to handle hazardous materials.
- Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all mental and physical capabilities necessary to always perform the job due to circumstances
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Ability to bend, twist, squat, pushing/pulling freight throughout shift.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete required training.
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member.
- Prior dock/warehouse experience in the transportation industry is a plus.
- Pass a company paid Post Offer Pre-Hire screen (physical essential functions) test.
We are an EOE