WTP Case Manager – (SC)
Oakland Park, FL
Benefits offered after probationary period
Medical – Dental – Vision – Paid Holidays – 401k w/ Match
General Purpose of the Position:
Provide comprehensive case management and guidance to individuals on assigned caseload for the targeted Welfare Transition population. Serve as career guide and coach for assigned customers. Facilitate services to meet the customers’ needs, alleviate barriers and the development of the customer’s potential. Ensure that all services are delivered in accordance with federal and state mandates and organization policies and procedures. Position may be assigned a specialized focus such as: Training/Employment; Work Experience/Deferral; Transitional & Retention or Orientation/Work Registration caseload.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop rapport with customers and conduct assessments to help identify their needs and assist in targeting appropriate activities for their individual circumstances.
- Assess specific customer needs in the areas of medical, childcare, transportation, training and education, employment, substance abuse, mental health, domestic violence, and other environmental issues, in order make appropriate referrals for services.
- Interpret program regulations or benefit requirements and facilitate customer access to community and program resources, including housing, food, clothing, school programs, vocational opportunities or services, relevant mental health services, and others as applicable.
- Adhere to professional Code of Conduct and the application of the basic principles of respect for the equality, worth and dignity of all people.
- Counsel’s customers individually, or in group sessions, to assist in identifying ways to understand life adjustments and to make changes. Assign reasonable tasks to be accomplished by the customer.
- Provide guidance to customers to assist them in understanding and overcoming personal and social problems and decision making for developing goals and areas of need.
- Determine required level and frequency of services per established program guidelines for targeted group. Develop Individual Responsibility Plans with customers to establish a roadmap for achievement of educational and vocational objectives. Ensure that the activity the customer is assigned to matches the goals of the Individual Responsibility Plan.
- Coordinate and monitor services, including comprehensive tracking of customer activities in relation to Individual Responsibility Plan. Conduct regular follow-up interviews with customers.
- Document all customers’ encounters using comprehensive case notes, complete and submit documentation as appropriate and maintain comprehensive case files.
- Identify and utilize all allowable activities and strategies to promote the success of the customer.
- Evaluate effectiveness of Individual Responsibility Plan and progress made by customer and provide appropriate update to services being provided. Make referrals to other programs including Veterans, Job Corps and others as needed.
- Coach customers in strategies and activities to secure and maintain meaningful employment.
- Compile and review occupational, educational, and economic information to assist customers in making and conducting vocational and educational objectives when appropriate.
- Maintain and report applicable statistics regarding program and customer services.
- Coordinate activities with Employment Relations Staff, i.e., WTP Job Developer, as appropriate to ensure development of employment opportunities and placement of customers.
- Input data and process information using various state and agency databases and systems daily.
- Participate in training opportunities to enhance job related skills such as career development, counseling, and program specific knowledge.
- Exercise professional judgment, discretion, confidentiality, and sensitivity in all communications.
- Conduct continuous quality improvement activities in support of achieving the organization’s performance goals.
- Identify programmatic issues that arise and recommend options for improvement.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of State and Federal workforce development performance measures.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the public in a courteous and professional manner.
- A bachelor’s degree in psychology, social science, business administration, or a related field plus a minimum of three years relevant work experience involving case management is required.
- Incumbent must be experienced in and demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Incumbent must have prior experience achieving excellence and demonstrating continuous improvement.
- Must possess good presentation and public speaking skills.
- Strong ability and demonstrated experience in balancing multiple priorities, meeting deadlines, working independently, and achieving assigned tasks are required.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Word and Excel skills, possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
We are an EOE.