WIOA Case Manager (SC) – Healthcare
Benefits offered after probationary period
Medical – Dental – Vision – Paid Holidays – 401k w/ Match
General Purpose of the Position:
Provide comprehensive case management and guidance to individuals on assigned caseload for the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Adult and Dislocated Worker target population. Serve as career guide and coach for the targeted population. Facilitate services to meet the customers’ needs, alleviate barriers and the development of the customer’s potential. Ensure that all services are delivered in accordance with federal and state mandates and organization policies and procedures.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop rapport with customers and conduct assessments to help identify their needs and assist in targeting appropriate activities for their individual circumstances.
- Adheres to professional Code of Conduct and the application of the basic principles of respect for the equality, worth and dignity of all people.
- Counsels’ customers individually, or in group sessions, to assist in identifying ways to understand life adjustments and making changes. Make referrals to various support services and training programs as needed.
- Provide guidance to customers to assist them in understanding and overcoming personal and social problems and decision making for developing goals and areas of need.
- Interpret program regulations or benefit requirements and facilitates customer access to community and program resources, including locating housing, food, clothing, school programs, vocational opportunities or services, relevant mental health services, and others as applicable.
- Determine required level and frequency of services per established program guidelines. Develop individual career plans with customers to establish a roadmap for achievement of educational and vocational objectives.
- Coordinate and monitor services, including comprehensive tracking of customer activities in relation to Career Plan. Conduct on-going follow-up with customers at specified intervals.
- Document all customers’ encounters, complete, and submit documentation as appropriate and maintains comprehensive case files.
- Evaluate effectiveness of Career Plan and progress made by customer and provides appropriate update to services.
- Coach customers in strategies and activities to secure and maintain meaningful employment.
- Compile and review occupational, educational, and economic information to assist customers in making and carrying out vocational and educational objectives when appropriate.
- Maintain and report applicable statistics regarding program and customer services.
- Coordinate activities with Employment Relations Staff as appropriate to ensure development of employment opportunities and placement of customers.
- Input data and process information using various state and agency databases and systems daily.
- Participate in training opportunities to enhance job related skills such as career development, counseling, and program specific knowledge.
- Exercise professional judgment, discretion, confidentiality, and sensitivity in all communications.
- Conduct continuous quality improvement activities in support of achieving the organization’s performance goals.
- Identify programmatic issues that arise and recommend options for improvement.
- A bachelor’s degree in psychology, social science, business administration, or a related field plus a minimum of three years relevant work experience involving case management is required.
- Experience in the healthcare industry.
We are an EOE.