Residents Account Specialist
18.24 Per Hour
Temporary to Hire
Monday to Friday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with resident and family upon admission through the business office admissions process, the resident fund transactions, and other resident account related workflows in accordance with federal, state and local standards and regulations governing the facilities and as directed by the Business Office Manager.
- Verifies primary and secondary insurance including deductibles, billing forms, and other related documentation. Provides information to other health providers, pharmacy, lab, physicians, ambulance, therapy, etc. as appropriate.
- Schedules admission meetings. Inputs resident data into the database. Creates and distributes face sheets and addressograph plates.
- Prepares documentation for biller to submit for reimbursement.
- Communicates with family members, hospital representatives and physicians’ offices regarding resident’s finances. Notifies family member if resident account balance is close to MA limits.
- Assists with monitoring MA approvals and renewal applications. Coordinates AAA options assessments and materials. Process MA opening letters
- Assist with resident quarterly fund statements, distribution and update resident and family contract information.
- Establish Irrevocable Burial Funds for residents.
- Obtains documentation for all resident fund disbursements, including actual receipts for monies forwarded to and spent by POA’s and family members.
- Complete check requests and vouchers for withdrawal and payment of bills, batch the vouchers daily and verify accuracy of data entry report that comes back.
- Monitors hospital transfers, post census changes to computer distributes census date. Completes check request and vouchers for withdrawals, payment of transportation expense, and other bill upon request of resident
- Assist with daily census reconciliation as directed by manager. receives payments and issues receipts. Posts payments to computer system. Notifies manager of rejected claims
- Acts as cashier for residents funds, obtains required signatures, batches the cash withdrawals daily and verifies accuracy of data entry report that comes back. Input resident fund withdrawals into billing system. Handles residents closed account process procedures beginning day of discharge. May submit certain claims as directed by manager. Screes private statements. Maintain organized filing system, tasks lists, in and out baskets, to do lists. Receives, opens and distributes mail.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Associates degree in a related field plus 1 year experience in a nursing facility office, hospital, or medical office processing patient account information
- Must be Covid Vaccinated
- Position is Contingent upon passing a pre-employment background and drug screening.
We are an EOE.