Press Brake Operator
$18.00 to $20.00 hourly to start
M to F – 3 shifts available
7 am to 3:15 pm
3 pm to 11:15 pm
11 pm to 7 am
Benefits – Plenty
UPMC Medical 70% Paid, dental, vision available. 401K after 1 year with 100% match up to 3%, 50% match up to 5%. 8 paid holidays plus bonus. Life and Disability Insurance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to all safety requirements and protocols.
- Read work instructions and blueprint drawings to obtain production information.
- Operate overhead crane to load, unload and position steel, dies and knives on and off of the brake press.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the Supervisor or Operations Manager.
- Utilize necessary equipment to verify measurements/quality specifications.
- Perform necessary calibrations or verifications as needed on the following monitoring and measuring devices: templates.
- Complete job requirements with minimal supervision.
- Accurately document applicable job, product and quality information utilizing computer and paper documents as required.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform preventative maintenance on machines as required/requested.
- Focus on quality and speed, performing all tasks with a sense of urgency toward excellence.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and Operations Manager.
Qualifications / Education
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED preferred
- Two or more years of operating press brakes in a steel service center or fabrication shop
- Must be able to read blueprints and perform basic math functions
- Employment contingent on criminal background and drug test
We are an EOE.