Steel Products Working Foreman
$28.00 to $32.00 hourly
M to F – 6 am to 4 pm (OT every day)
Benefits after probationary period
This individual will report directly to the Plant Manager. The qualified candidate will oversee daily operations in the manufacturing facility and other production business including, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist in developing a work schedule for the workers based on production requirements.
- Be a liaison between the workers and the supervisor.
- Assist in maintenance.
- Work with supervisor on training new employees throughout the operation
- Work with all welders and newly hired welders on welding techniques along with preparing any non-certified welders to become certified.
- Work with Quality Control Manager on overall quality throughout the plant
- Aid in developing production standards for the shop floor and push them to the shop floor continually working on improving them through better techniques and equipment.
- Work with management team for annual budgets for improvements to the operation
- Perform quality checks on the shop floor.
Requirements for position include:
- High school and welding trade school diplomas.
- Ability to organize a work schedule.
- Experience in carbon steel MIG welding
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of the manufacturing process ideally in steel fabrication.
- Ability to read blueprints.
We are EOE.