$20.00 to $22.00/hourly
Temp to hire
Monday thru Friday - 7 am to 3:30 pm
Benefits available after probationary period
- Specialized welders who use gas metal arc welding (GMAW).
- Entails operating hand-held torches, grinders, lathe, and other technical implements to assemble or repair metal components.
- Read and interpret schematics to determine the configuration and specification of a structure.
- They use measuring/marking tools such as combination square, straightedges, and calipers to lay out and align work pieces.
- They also prepare materials for welding by cleaning metal surface using scrapers and grinders to remove rough spots.
- They select choice welding wires for different welding purposes. They respectively use .025in. and .0.35in. wires for welding thin and thick materials according to AWS specification.
- They also select and determine the combination percentage of shielding gas appropriate for metal welding.
- They carry out welding in flat, horizontal, vertical, and overhead positions with optimum bead appearance.
- Conducting tests to assess weld quality and conformance to specification is also part of MIG welder description.
- To work as an MIG welder, you will require a high school diploma and training in a welding apprenticeship program.
- Some of the major qualities you need for success in this job include stamina, physical dexterity, and attention to detail.
- Resumes required
- Weld tests/ interviews on site
We are an EOE