Human Resources Assistant
Employment Status: Full Time / Contract
Shift: Monday thru Friday – 8 am to 4 pm
Pay Rate: $ 18.00/hour
Assignment Start Date: ASAP
Assignment End Date: Contract - 3-month Assignment
Location: Downtown Pittsburgh
The Allegheny County Department of Human Resources is seeking a detail-oriented administrative professional to assist with recruiting, onboarding, and employment activities. Education and/or experience in HR is preferred.
- Pre-employment and Onboarding Processing: Verifies candidate compliance with requirements (i.e., Allegheny County real estate/tax payment, background check medical screening, etc. ) may include processing, tracking, researching, and reporting results
- Orientation Planning: Confirms, schedules, and updates new hire start dates; verifies employee data; reconciles data discrepancies.
- Talent Acquisition Support: Assists with posting, pulling, and researching job announcements; compiles content and makes posts on relevant social media platforms and other job board sources; facilitates/submits requests for HR related web content updates; disseminates eligible lists, union bid results and other requested employment related information to operating departments; maintains and updates related tracking files.
- Examination Support: Assists in coordinating testing facilities/logistics, candidate communications, exam administration, etc. for individual as well as large-scale written and performance-based pre-employment and promotional examinations.
- Data File Entry and Maintenance: Enters, prepares, gathers, routes, disseminates, and maintains onboarding, orientation, job, and exam documentation for files (both paper and electronic); reviews and monitors employee and data records and reconciles disparities and errors.
- Coordinates and communicates with internal departments and vendors on the above activities.
- Fields applicant or operating department inquiries; responds and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Occasionally works varying hours/shifts, evenings or on weekends for outreach events, examinations or recruiting activities; Performs other related tasks and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- MS Office including Outlook, Teams and SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Pro is a plus.
- Accurately manage and attend to detail-oriented tasks and responsibilities.
- Prioritize accuracy and quality of work output while adhering to target dates and deadlines.
- Develop, foster, and manage internal and external relationships.
- Communicate with understanding, patience, respect, and regard.
- Demonstrate adaptability to changing work priorities in a high-volume work environment.
- Collaborate and cooperate within a team environment while also working independently.
- Exercise thoughtful and sound judgement and discretion
- Be accountable, dependable, reliable, flexible, adaptable; embrace change and enjoy fast paced work.
- Take initiative and ownership for work and team output.
- Learn and apply related HR and HCM systems (i.e., JDEdwards, Allegheny County Careers Portal, OnBase document management, Infor CloudSuite HCM, etc.) knowledge and to work activities and responsibilities.
- Follow directions; request, accept and utilize feedback and coaching for professional development.
- Demonstrate integrity, ethics, and professionalism and always maintain confidentiality.
Integrative Staffing Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug Free Workplace and complies with ADA Regulations as applicable. EOE M/F/D/V