Employment Specialist/Recruiter - SYEP/WTP
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Salary commensurate with education and experience
Benefits offered after probationary period.
100% employer paid for employee only medical, dental, and vision. In addition to offering a 401K deferred compensation plan with employer match, tuition reimbursement, two (2) paid personal days, eleven (11) paid holidays, and accrual of paid leave time, the employer also pays for life insurance, short term disability and long-term disability.
General Purpose of the Position:
Oversees the employment services within the Summer Youth Employment Program and the Welfare Transition Program (WTP). Will ensure that qualified youth candidates are matched with roles that suit their skill level, experience, and desired career pathway. Recruits and coordinates with new and existing Work Experience (WEX) worksites for the programs
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct outreach to local employers through telephone, face-to-face meetings, presentations, and other forms of communication.
- Assist youth with job preparation activities such as resume development, interview practice, job referrals, etc.
- Maintains the WIOA Youth WEX database.
- Schedules interviews with WEX worksite supervisors for potential youth placement.
- Coordinate any necessary background screenings for WEX assignments.
- Provide outreach to employers to identify job vacancies and assist employers in placing youth and adults in positions related to their skills and interests.
- Follow up and provide additional assistance as needed for youth and employers to ensure youth are successful in their placements.
- Receive and review timesheets for youth enrolled in WEX
- Maintain program records on youth, employers, and services provided in accordance with local, State and Federal guidelines.
- Provide updates at a minimum of a monthly basis to the Manager of Youth Programs and Services and the WIOA Youth Supervisor.
- Develop and maintain mechanisms for progress reporting on youth job placement and WEX worksites.
- Perform research on youth service issues as needed.
- Collaborate with the Business Services department and Placement division to ensure that quality services are delivered to youth and adults.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on improving customer service to the targeted youth population.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, the general public, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- May be assigned other responsibilities on a temporary or ongoing basis as necessary for the delivery of quality service within the Center.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, social science, or a related field plus one year of counseling, job development, coaching and/or placement experience is required. One year of recruitment experience is preferred. Preference given to those with experience working with youth from underserved communities/
- Incumbent must be experienced in and demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Incumbent must have prior experience achieving excellence and demonstrating continuous improvement.
- Must possess good presentation and public speaking skills.
- Strong ability and demonstrated experience in balancing multiple priorities, meeting deadlines, working independently, and achieving assigned tasks are required.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Word and Excel skills, possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
We are an EOE.