Diesel Mechanic – DIRECT PLACEMENT
Starting at $19.00 without certifications
M to F -- 6 am to 4 pm
Medical – Dental – Vision – Vacation starts at 1 week then increases
Plan, schedule, repair, and preventative maintenance on fleet as needed; ensure the availability of vehicles in safe operating condition; and provide written documentation of repairs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Diagnose, remove, and assemble body and chassis components from any vehicle;
- Diagnose potential vehicle malfunctions (e.g. using computer diagnostic equipment) for the purpose of determining needed repairs and/or replacement.
- Inspect, clean, adjust, tighten, and / or repair minor items such as lights, bulbs, lenses, reflectors.
- Repair items such as kingpins, springs, shocks, leaf springs, spring pins.
- Perform tune-ups.
- Replace and repair brakes, steering repairs, electrical repairs, air conditioning, and heat repairs.
- Replace or repair minor body parts, floors, fenders, and dents.
- Service buses for maintenance.
- Tire repairs; lube oil and filter changes; minor electrical repairs (bulbs, flashers, fuses); mirror replacement; minor road service; service fuels and fluids.
- Maintain maintenance and repair computer and paper records on vehicles as required.
- Performs tire changes
- Responds to emergency situations during regular work hours.
- Service buses and transportation equipment
- Substitute as a bus driver when needed
- Train mechanic helpers
- Perform snow removal and general property maintenance
- Assist in the starting of vehicles during winter months.
- Coordinates with Transportation Manager on warranty and recall service.
- High school diploma or equivalent education / trade school
- Possess a class 7 inspection license
- Possess or be willing to obtain a Class B CDL with Passenger and School Bus endorsements
We are an EOE.