Success Coach - WIOA
Coconut Creek, FL
$42,100 to $55,000 yearly
M to F – 8:30 am to 5 pm
General Purpose of the Position
Provide comprehensive case management and guidance to individuals on assigned caseload for the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Adult and Dislocated Worker target population. Serve as career guide and coach for the targeted population. Facilitate services to meet the customers’ needs, alleviate barriers and the development of the customer’s potential. Ensure that all services are delivered in accordance with federal and state mandates and organization policies and procedures.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop rapport with customers and conduct assessments to help identify their needs and assist in targeting appropriate activities for their individual circumstances.
- Adheres to professional Code of Conduct and the application of the basic principles of respect for the equality, worth and dignity of all people.
- Counsels customers individually, or in group sessions, to assist in identifying ways to understand life adjustments and making changes. Make referrals to various support services and training programs as needed.
- Provide guidance to customers to assist them in understanding and overcoming personal and social problems and decision making for developing goals and areas of need.
- Interpret program regulations or benefit requirements and facilitates customer access to community and program resources, including locating housing, food, clothing, school programs, vocational opportunities or services, relevant mental health services, and others as applicable.
- Determine required level and frequency of services per established program guidelines. Develop individual career plans with customers to establish a roadmap for achievement of educational and vocational objectives.
- Coordinate and monitor services, including comprehensive tracking of customer activities in relation to Career Plan. Conduct on-going follow-up with customers at specified intervals.
- Document all customers’ encounters, complete and submit documentation as appropriate and maintains comprehensive case files.
- Evaluate effectiveness of Career Plan and progress made by customer and provides appropriate update to services.
- Coach customers in strategies and activities to secure and maintain meaningful employment.
- Compile and review occupational, educational, and economic information to assist customers in making and carrying out vocational and educational objectives when appropriate.
- Maintain and report applicable statistics regarding program and customer services.
- Coordinate activities with Employment Relations Staff as appropriate to ensure development of employment opportunities and placement of customers.
- Input data and process information using various state and agency databases and systems on a daily basis.
- Participate in training opportunities to enhance job related skills such as career development, counseling and program specific knowledge.
- Exercise professional judgment, discretion, confidentiality and sensitivity in all communications.
- Conduct continuous quality improvement activities in support of achieving the organization’s performance goals.
- Identify programmatic issues that arise and recommend options for improvement.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of State and Federal workforce development performance measures as well as State Guidance, Memorandums and Consultation Papers as appropriate.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- May be assigned other responsibilities on a temporary or ongoing basis as necessary for the delivery of quality service within the Company.
- A Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social science, business administration, or a related field plus a minimum of three years relevant work experience involving case management is required.
- Must possess good presentation and public speaking skills.
- Strong ability and demonstrated experience in balancing multiple priorities, meeting deadlines, working independently, and achieving assigned tasks are required.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Word and Excel skills, possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
- To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently.
We are an EOE.