Business Services Liaison II
Oakland Park, FL
Salary Negotiable - Based on Experience
Benefits offered after probationary period
100 % Medical – Dental – Vision – 10 Paid Holidays – 401k w/ Match
General Purpose of the Position:
The Business Services Liaison Level II will serve as the point of contact between the centers and the business community, to help identify training and placement opportunities for employers and job seekers. The incumbent will also provide and/or broker labor market services to employers that include, but go beyond, job matching.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establishes, builds, and maintains working relationships with prospective and existing businesses/organizations identifying their needs and promoting the Center services and programs.
- Promote, deliver, and execute work-based training grant programs, including OJT, Paid Internships, and IWT.
- Research and provide labor market information to employers and community stakeholders.
- Continually updates all records and client progress in the customer relationship management system according to established policies and procedures.
- Make formal presentations to business leaders, chamber of commerce members, executive boards and other employer based organizations regarding centers services, programs, and accomplishments.
- Facilitate follow-up meetings with targeted companies to provide a full overview of the services available and to determine whether commitments can be obtained from the company to utilize any or all of the services available to them.
- Participates in promotional activities such as job fairs and business expos to promote Center services.
- Incumbent is required to travel locally and must furnish own transportation.
- Keep abreast of all federal and state policies and regulations regarding relevant workforce development legislation and programs.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field plus three (3) years’ experience in business-to-business sales and developing and nurturing business relationships is required.
- The ability to analyze data, draw valid conclusions, problem solve and understand complex situation is required. The ability to deal effectively with board members, public/private employers, providers, and staff is required. The ability to effectively apply customer service techniques, outstanding public speaking techniques and creative written communication is required. A demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task is also necessary.
- Familiarity with the principles and methods for showing and selling products or services that includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, and techniques is necessary.
- Incumbent must be experienced in and demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills since the position requires significant report writing and public speaking responsibilities. Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Word and Excel skills, possess the ability to utilize the state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
- Experience with Salesforce Customer Relationship Management is preferred.
- Individual must possess a valid Florida driver’s license and have reliable transportation.
We are an EOE.