Burn Table Operator
$20.00 / hourly
Monday to Friday, two shifts available
2nd (3:00 pm to 11:15 pm)
3rd (11:00 pm to 7:15 am)
Benefits available after probationary period
UPMC Medical 70% paid, dental and vision available.
401K after 1 year with 100% match up to 3%; 50% match up to 5%.
Eight paid holidays plus holiday bonus’. Life and Disability Insurance.
The Burn Table Operator utilizes a computer panel to operate a CNC machine which burns pieces of steel according to work instructions. The worker places and removes sections of steel on and off the machine, while continuously monitoring and measuring material for adherence to specifications. The individual is also responsible for maintaining the work area to facilitate production activities.
- Adhere to all safety requirements and protocols.
- Read work instructions to obtain production information.
- Operate overhead crane to load, unload and position material using lifting magnets, chains and/or straps.
- Operate computer panel of CNC machine to set machine and obtain product specifications. Must be able to utilize existing programs as well as create new programs for unique jobs.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the Team Leader or member of the Management Team.
- Utilize necessary equipment to verify measurements/quality specifications.
- Complete job requirements with minimal supervision.
- Accurately document applicable job, product and quality information utilizing computer and paper documents as required.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform preventative maintenance on machines as required/requested.
- Focus on quality and speed, performing all tasks with a sense of urgency toward excellence.
- Other duties as assigned by the Team Leader and Management Team
- Ability to lift to 25 lbs. unassisted.
- 1 year experience operating a CNC machine
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Employment contingent on criminal background screen and drug test
We are an EOE.