Beveler – Plasma Operator
$20.00/hour to start
Monday thru Friday
Three Shifts Available
Benefits after Probationary Period
The Beveler sets up and operates hand plasma machine to cut or grind steel by laying out the materials and cutting them with the plasma torch. The worker is also responsible for maintaining the work area to facilitate production activities.
- Adhere to all safety requirements and protocols.
- Read work instructions and/or blueprints to obtain information for desired outcome.
- Measure completed materials to verify conformance to specifications using gauges, templates or rulers.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the Team Leader or member of the Management Team.
- Set up and operation of plasma machine/cutter including lining up the material, adjustment of the torches to different angles and setting the flame.
- Grind burrs or sharp edges using portable grinders.
- Complete job requirements with minimal supervision.
- Accurately document applicable job, product and quality information utilizing computer and paper documents as required.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and tools as required/requested.
- Focus on safety, performing all tasks with quality and speed toward excellence.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and Operations Manager
- Minimum of a high school diploma and preferably formal training/certification in welding
- Knowledge of fixtures and weld set up parameters such as amps, volts, etc.
- One year of experience welding - preferably in a steel service center
- Must be familiar with all machines required to perform the tasks stated above.
- Ability to operate welding tools.
We are an EOE.