Administrative Worksite Monitor
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Monday to Friday – 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Temporary until June/July
General Purpose of the Position:
Assist with administrative duties related to the start-up of the Summer Youth program and transition to the role of Worksite Monitor responsible for oversight of Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) participants and their interaction at their assigned worksites.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide administrative support to SYEP staff by preparing correspondence and reports; creating and editing forms and spreadsheets; making phone calls; conducting research; assisting with the participant intake process; setting appointments and performing other clerical tasks as needed.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- Monitor and evaluate job sites to ensure contractors are providing safe and secure work environments in compliance with their contracts.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to contractors with regard to established rules, regulations, and procedures especially with regard to child labor laws.
- Monitor and assist participants to ensure compliance with program rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Distribute and collect biweekly participants’ time sheets ensuring they are accurately completed in accordance with CareerSource Broward (CSBD) policies and procedures and the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Provide guidance and counseling to participants as needed.
- Prepare a variety of weekly reports as needed.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on and improving customer service.
- A high school diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of one year of progressively responsible paid or volunteer experience working with older youth in a structured environment as well as human relations or counseling experience is required.
- A bachelor’s degree in education, social work or a related field is preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels; the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, the ability to prioritize work; the ability to perform many tasks in a short time frame is necessary; and the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Individual must possess a valid Florida driver’s license and have own vehicle.
We are an EOE.