Administrative Coordinator - Operations
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Salary Negotiable – Based on Experience
Position offers full benefits including:
100% employer paid for employee only medical, dental, and vision. In addition to offering a 401K deferred compensation plan with employer match, tuition reimbursement, two (2) paid personal days, eleven (11) paid holidays, and accrual of paid leave time, the employer also pays for life insurance, short term disability and long-term disability.
General Purpose of the Position:
Provide secretarial and administrative support to the CareerSource Broward Operations department Senior Vice President and other department members.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage and maintain department’s Senior Vice President’s schedule using Microsoft Outlook calendar function ensuring tickler system is utilized.
- Prepare a wide variety of invoices, reports, memos, letters, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software.
- Prepare agendas, take, and transcribe minutes, and make arrangements for committee and other meetings.
- Interact often with board and committee members.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Coordinate and schedule internal and external meetings and events for Department head and other department staff as needed.
- Assist and serve as back-up support for the President and Executive Vice President in the absence of the Executive Secretary.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- File and retrieve agency documents, records, and reports.
- Post contracts, contract modifications and budgets to the Operations Life Line
- Assist in creating and updating the department’s Procedure Manual
- Answer telephone calls and greet visitor. Determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals. Direct callers and visitors to appropriate persons.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work. Make travel arrangements for various department members.
- Research, and prepare reports and analysis for director and other department staff.
- Track and summarize relevant legislation and workforce communications.
- Participate in the agency’s hiring process by serving on screening and interview panels as needed.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on strategic planning and improving customer service.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- May be assigned other responsibilities on a temporary or ongoing basis as necessary for the delivery of quality service within the Department or CareerSource Broward as an organization.
- An associate degree or equivalent plus five years of progressively responsible secretarial and administrative experience are required.
- Prior experience working with and staffing a lay committee that involves preparing agendas as well as taking and disseminating meeting minutes preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Word and Excel skills, possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels; the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, the ability to prioritize work; the ability to perform many tasks in a short time frame is necessary; and the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
We are an EOE.