Academic Training Facilitator / Success Coach
Salary Dependent on Experience
M to F – 8:30 am to 5 pm
Position offers full benefits including: 100% employer paid for employee only medical, dental, and vision. In addition to offering a 401K deferred compensation plan with employer match, tuition reimbursement, two (2) paid personal days, eleven (11) paid holidays, and accrual of paid leave time, the employer also pays for life insurance, short term disability and long term disability.
General Purpose of the Position:
Provide comprehensive case management, career development workshops and guidance to individuals on assigned caseload for the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Get There Faster Veteran Grant. Serve as career guide and coach for the targeted military connected population. Facilitate employment and training services to meet military connected customer needs, develop curricular content, facilitate trainings and alleviate barriers in the development of the customer’s potential. In conjunction with the Local Veteran Employment Representative, Quality Assurance/Training Coordinator, and Career Source Broward Management ensure that all services are delivered in accordance with federal, State and local mandates and organization policies and procedures.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop rapport with target customers and conduct assessments to identify their needs and assist in targeting appropriate training services.
- Counsel customers individually or in group sessions, to assist in identifying barriers and services needed, and coach customers in strategies to secure and maintain meaningful employment to move toward self-sufficiency.
- Facilitate daily training and educational programs and conduct workshops in the CareerSource Broward Centers with the target population.
- Assist in developing and organizing training manuals and ensure the training materials prepared, such as outlines, handouts, training text and on-line programs are compliant with State and local guidelines.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of State and local performance measures.
- Facilitate customer access to community and program resources including services relevant mental health services, health, and others as applicable.
- Determine required level and frequency of services per established program guidelines. Develop individual employment (IEP) plans with customers to establish a roadmap for achievement successful completion of educational and training programs and achievement of employment objectives.
- Coordinate and monitor services, including comprehensive tracking of customer activities in training and the Individual Employment Plan, with on-going follow-up at specified intervals.
- Evaluate effectiveness of customers Individual Employment Plan and progress made by customer and provide appropriate updates to services.
- Document all customer encounters in Employ Florida, complete and submit documentation as appropriate and maintain comprehensive electronic case files in the local Document Management System (DMS).
- Facilitate the Get There Faster Lab to assist customers interested in online training courses.
- Coordinate services with Local Veteran Employment Services, WIOA Success Coaches, and Wagner Peyser placement staff as appropriate to ensure development of employment opportunities and placement of customers.
- Document activities and case notes related to customer goal progress in the State management information system.
- Respond promptly to all correspondence including telephone calls, emails, text messages, and faxes.
- Adhere to the professional Code of Conduct, exercise professional judgment, discretion, confidentiality, and sensitivity in all communications.
- Participate in training opportunities to enhance job related skills and program specific knowledge.
- Conduct continuous quality improvement activities in support of achieving the organization’s performance goals.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, customers, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions and obtain certification as a Workforce Professional Tier 1 within (3) months of employment in the position.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social science, business administration, or a related field plus a minimum of three years relevant work experience involving case management and training is required.
- Employment contingent on criminal background screening and drug test.
We are an EOE.