Tarentum, PA 15084
Location: Tarentum, Pa
Pay: $50, 000 to $60, 000 yearly.
Shift: 1st (7 am to 3: 30 pm) OR 2nd (3: 30 pm to 12 am) available.
Benefits: Union position.
The Production Supervisor is the primary resource for all plant functions in their assigned area of responsibility. The Production Supervisor directly manages hourly employees and interacts with support personnel to assure that all established key performance metrics are achieved. The Production Supervisor must understand and be involved in scheduling and ensuring that all policies & procedures are being followed. He/she will be responsible for implementing safety policies and procedures, driving continuous improvement initiatives, and for ensuring that quality is maintained to Company standards.
The Current Team:
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for interacting with Raw Materials, Inventory & Production Control, Packaging, Shipping, and Plant Management.
- Conduct daily safety talks, reporting on production data, and driving shift safety improvement.
- Provides direction and leadership to the production crew to accomplish organizational goals
- Coordinate with staff and others production members with regards to die changes, inventory, daily production (press efficiencies), and inventory & quality concerns
- Accomplish manufacturing results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process, observing control points, and monitoring equipment & resources
- Implement cost reductions
- Develop reporting procedures and systems
- Facilitate corrections to malfunctions within the process control points
- Initiate and foster a spirit of cooperation within the department
- Ensure proper operation of equipment by calling for repairs and documenting items to be addressed
- Resolve personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action
- Maintain a working relationship with Union by following collective bargaining agreement
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources
- Maintain compliance with established policies and procedures
- Assist in implementing LEAN concepts and continuous improvement activities
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Other Attributes:
- Troubleshoot daily production issues and provide solutions
- Experience with a union environment
- Process improvement thinking
- Production Planning and controls for improvement
- Able to work any shift
- Overtime required possible weekend work necessary (flex schedule)
- Microsoft knowledge; outlook, word, excel
- Experience in a Union environment
- 4 year degree preferred
- Technical background
- Previous experience with refractories and/or ceramics a plus
- Experience with Business Management software (QAD, MRP, SAP)
- This position provides direct supervision to Hourly Employees (2-60 employees)
- Position requires physical ability to climb, crawl, bend, and stand for long hours
- Data analysis and problem solving
- Travel required to various facilities in the company may be expected, travel anticipated is less than 10%
We are an EOE.