Hammond, IN 46323
Location: Hammond, IN.
Pay: $28, 00/hour to $32.00/hour.
Shifts: 1st (7 am to 3: 30 pm) and 2nd (3: 30 pm to 12 am) Available.
Benefits: Union Position.
The Electrician will be responsible for plant maintenance, electrical systems, apparatus, and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment.
- Install main electrical power supply wiring and conduit for equipment such as directed by management. This will include, but is not limited to robots, welders, machining centers, conveyors, air handlers, mixers, hydraulic components, etc.
- Connect power supply wires to machine and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment per industry standard
- Diagnose malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires / cables. Calculates proper fuse/circuit breaker configuration if not provided by original equipment supplier
- Operate machinery such as robots, machines, welders, overhead cranes, etc.
- Diagnoses and replace faulty mechanical hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment
- Replace faulty electrical components of machines such as relays, switches, motors, and positions sensing devices. Replaces motor bearings, and rewire motors
- Diagnoses and replaces faulty electronics components
- Test Malfunctions machinery and discusses malfunctions with other maintenance workers
- Ensure all safety policies are followed at all times
- Responsible for training all electricians
*This list is not comprehensive and other duties may be added as required*
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Other Attributes:
- Troubleshoot daily maintenance / electrical issues and resolve
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Carry tool bag continually to work station as required
- Ability to read blue prints
- Ability to continual climb ladders daily, and work in tight situations
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to complete all electrical functions according to code
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Basic metal welding skills
We are an EOE.