Position: Laborer Crane Follower
Location: Ambridge, Pa / Beaver Falls, Pa
Pay: $20.12/hour minimum of 56 hours/week.
Hours: All shifts available
Benefits: Union Position
Type: Direct Placement
General Job Description
- Assist crane operator with placing and retrieving lifts of pipe.
- Climbs into storage racks to direct crane operator with hand signals to lift or lower pipe bundles.
- Uses step ladder to reach high areas of the racks.
- Places 4x4 lumber blocks between lifts of pipe in storage racks.
- Uses air hose to blow out scale from pipe into blowout boxes.
- Cleans around storage racks, stacking 4x4 lumber next to racks, sweep and clean area of debris and dispose of in dumpsters.
- Assist crane operator with placing pipe bundles onto inlet table or cradle; retrieving from inlet table or cradle.
- Occasional sitting and frequent walking and standing.
- Never any heavy lifting, occasional lifting of around 50 lbs. And frequent light lifting of u p to 20 lbs.
- Occasional carrying of up to 50 lbs will include material handler bar, cables, 4x4 lumber and ladders.
- Will need a good grip for material handler bar to push/pull tubes, broom, lumber, air hose and overhead hoist.
- Occasional twisting and foot pedaling, and frequent climbing, crouching and bending. (Climb ladders/stairs, crouch or bend to reach cables, lumber, hoses; pneumatic foot pedals to activate pin stop on tables.)
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to work in tight or awkward spaces.
- Ability to work from heights.
- Upper body strength, endurance, and flexibility are a definite requirement.
- Employment contingent upon a local, state, and federal criminal background screen, drug test, and physical.
We are an EOE.