East Liverpool, OH 43920
Location: East Liverpool, Ohio
Pay: $15.00 / Hour.
Hours: M to F, 8 am to 4: 30 pm.
Reporting to the Foreman, the Excavator Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the construction excavator. The Excavator Operator uses mechanical controls to operate the boom, arm and bucket to excavate, level off and work the ground.
The responsibilities of the Excavator/Hoe Operator include, but are not limited to:
- Operate the excavator and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment, and clean, lubricate and refill equipment as necessary
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required.
- Must ensure a solid understanding of, and comply with the principles of the company s code of ethics.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company s safety program, and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
- Work in a safe, responsible manner to not intentionally or unintentionally injure oneself, or endanger the wellbeing of others
Education, Training and Certifications?
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. Preferred
- Drivers License required
- Minimum 2 years excavator operating experience.
- Knowledge of Excavator and other heavy equipment.
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Use of sunscreen, long sleeves, and appropriate headgear is recommended.
- Must comply with the company s drug and alcohol testing requirements.
We are an EOE.