Shipper / Painter
Location: Zelienople, Pa
Pay: $11.25 hourly
Hours: 1st. Shift, Monday thru Friday, 7 am to 3 pm.
Type: Temp to Hire.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
A. Measurement and building of skids.
- Includes measuring bellows, using a radial arm saw, panel saw, and circular saw to cut wood accordingly. Must also use pneumatic hammer and tape measure to construct skids.
B. Build and label export boxes.
- Use tape measure and pneumatic hammer to build a container capable of shipping finished joints. Labeling information spray painted on to the side of the container with a stencil.
- Wrap product in shrink wrap and secure to the skid/crate.
C. Cutting boards in advance to standard skid sizes.
D. Use overhead crane and forklift to aid in packaging and loading onto trucks.
E. Completion of all required shipping paperwork.
F. Retrieve/return material to paint
- Use pallet jack, forklift or overhead crane to bring material into/out of the paint booth.
G. Paint material (paint gun)
- Sprays surfaces with specified amount or thickness of protective material, such as paint, primer, sealer, enamel, glaze, gel-coat, or lacquer, onto prepared surfaces using spray gun
- Selects and mixes coating liquid to produce desired color, according to specifications, using paddle or mechanical mixer. Pours coating liquid into spray container and connects gun to air hose, using wrenches. Turns sprayer valves and nozzle to regulate width and pressure of spray according to knowledge of painting technique. Pulls trigger and directs spray onto work surface to apply prime or finish coat
- Cleans spraying equipment with solvent.
H. Load shipping boxes onto trucks.
- Use forklift to lift material to trucks in shipping department.
- Clean up of shipping area
- Use of various hand tools
- Fork truck and crane/hoist operation
- Ability to get along with co-workers and supervisors
- Knowledge and compliance of company policies, including attendance & safety rules.
DESIRABLE JOB REQUISITES:
A. Carpentry trade school or equal experience
B. Preferred shop experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
A. Medium work conditions
- Exerting/lifting up to 60lbs constantly, 60 to 90lbs rarely, and over 90lbs never
- Grasping, eye-hand coordination, visual inspection, pushing/pulling, bending, reaching, measuring/assembling at close visual acuity are frequently required.
- Finger dexterity, reading, writing and talking are used occasionally.
- The employee will be exposed to hazards such as dust particles in the air, cutting machines, forklifts, cranes etc.