The Sales Representative is responsible for the sales development of corporate products and/or services to prospecting new business clientele within a designated territory. This position independently and effectively prioritizes daily responsibilities through established activity-based and performance-based sales objectives. Key attributes consist of being self-reliant, while working in a team environment, and must possess high analytical and in-person presentational skills, while continually maintaining a professional image for the company.
- Meet or exceed weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales quotas and objectives as defined
- Conduct the required amount of sales presentations per week by physical visits at
business prospect locations.
- Directly communicate with the prerequisite number of decision-makers ( connects ) per
day through the use of communication methods, marketing strategies, and sales
- Effectively emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote pricing, negotiate
credit and contractual terms, while overcoming objections of prospective customers.
- Accountable for the creation and execution of sales documentation including sales
contracts, proposals and reports.
- Provide continuous customer service, organizational support, and sales strategies to
customers, company and the sales department.
- Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth.
- Ensure follow-up by distributing leads to Account Managers & Recruiters with calls-to-
action, dates, complete profile information, and sources.
- Periodically conduct informational presentations, such as business seminars, job fairs,
and trade shows.
- Maintain accurate records, including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms,
company database and other documentation as directed.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of request-for-proposals (RFP) responses to
potential business clients.
- Make front-line assessments of market conditions and advise company Account
Managers, Recruiters and Management of findings.
- Build and maintain ongoing awareness of new products and services, competition
activities, and other important market data.
- Utilize marketing data, applicable sales management software, and other related
sales tools to maximize sales efficiency and productivity.
- Always maintain a high level of professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to
portray the company in a positive manner.
- Collection and administrative assistance when needed.
- Assist any and all other departments within the company when needed.
- University or college degree or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of direct work experience in an external, business-to-business sales capacity.
- Knowledge in computer software, especially Excel, Word, Powerpoint, CMR Systems
and Social Media.
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining
established sales quotas and objectives.
- Experienced in opportunity qualification, pre-visit planning, call control, new
business development, and time and territory management.
- Successful history in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
- Strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques within
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written, listening and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Possess a professional demeanor, selling style, and appearance.
- Possess a valid driver s license.
- Successfully pass a series of background screenings, such as a national criminal
check, credit check and motor vehicle requirements.
- Frequent travel is required, often up to several hours of driving per day.
- Ability to travel to, attend, and conduct after-hours networking functions and
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Occasional lifting of items up to 50 lbs.
- Exposure to variable weather conditions is likely.