Hope Florida Success Coach
Coconut Creek, FL
Salary Negotiable with Experience
Benefits offered after probationary period.
100% employer paid for employee only medical, dental, and vision. In addition to offering a 401K deferred compensation plan with employer match, tuition reimbursement, two (2) paid personal days, eleven (11) paid holidays, and accrual of paid leave time, the employer also pays for life insurance, short term disability and long-term disability.
General Purpose of the Position:
Provide comprehensive case management and guidance to Broward residents on an individualized path to prosperity, economic self-sufficiency, and hope by focusing on community collaboration among the private sector, faith-based community organizations, non-profits and government entities to break down silos and connect Floridians to resources that lead to stability and new economic opportunities. Provide coaching and guidance to those who are seeking to secure basic needs, complete basic/higher education, and obtain employment.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop rapport with customers and conduct assessments to help identify their needs and assist in targeting appropriate activities for their individual circumstances.
- Facilitate services to meet the customers’ needs, alleviate barriers and the development of the customer’s potential. Ensure that all services are delivered in accordance with federal and state mandates and organization policies and procedures.
- Through coaching, serve as accountability partner to participants as they strive towards their self-determined individual goals and navigate the systems to achieve economic mobility, including but not limited to their educational attainment and career ambitions.
- Provide support, crisis intervention, guidance, and resource referrals to address a variety of barriers to the student-parent journey, including housing, legal services, immigration, finances, food security and more.
- Adhere to professional Code of Conduct and the application of the basic principles of respect for the equality, worth and dignity of all people.
- Counsel customers individually, or in group sessions, to assist in identifying ways to understand life adjustments and making changes. Make referrals to various support services and training programs as needed.
- Provide guidance to customers to assist them in understanding and overcoming personal and social problems and decision making for developing goals and areas of need.
- Interpret program regulations or benefit requirements and facilitates customer access to community and program resources, including locating housing, food, clothing, school programs, vocational opportunities or services, relevant mental health services, and others as applicable.
- Travel to various locations throughout Broward County as determined to be convenient to the customer to meet to discuss stability plans.
- Determine required level and frequency of services per established program guidelines. Develop individual career plans with customers to establish a roadmap for achievement of educational and vocational objectives.
- Coordinate and monitor services, including comprehensive tracking of customer activities in relation to Career Plan. Conduct on-going follow-up with customers at specified intervals.
- Document all customers’ encounters, complete, and submit documentation as appropriate and maintains comprehensive case files.
- Evaluate effectiveness of Career Plan and progress made by customer and provides appropriate update to services.
- Coach customers in strategies and activities to secure and maintain meaningful employment.
- Compile and review occupational, educational, and economic information to assist customers in making and carrying out vocational and educational objectives when appropriate.
- Maintain and report applicable statistics regarding program and customer services.
- Coordinate activities with employment relations staff as appropriate to ensure development of employment opportunities and placement of customers.
- Input data and process information using various state and agency databases and systems on a daily basis.
- Participate in training opportunities to enhance job related skills such as career development, counseling and program specific knowledge.
- Exercise professional judgment, discretion, confidentiality, and sensitivity in all communications.
- Conduct continuous quality improvement activities in support of achieving the organization’s performance goals.
- Identify programmatic issues that arise and recommend options for improvement.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of State and Federal workforce development performance measures as well as State Guidance, Memorandums and Consultation Papers as appropriate.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- May be assigned other responsibilities on a temporary or ongoing basis as necessary for the delivery of quality service within the CareerSource Broward (CSBD) Center.
- A bachelor’s degree in education, human services, social work, psychology, social science, or a related field plus a minimum of three years relevant work experience involving case management is required.
- Strong ability to interact effectively with diverse groups, and be at ease building successful collaborations with program participants, staff, and stakeholders.
- Will be expected to travel to all three center locations in Broward County based on customer need.
- Demonstrate strong project management and/or problem-solving skills in pursuit of outcomes for families.
- Incumbent must be experienced in and demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills. Incumbent must have prior experience achieving excellence and demonstrating continuous improvement. Must possess good presentation and public speaking skills. Strong ability and demonstrated experience in balancing multiple priorities, meeting deadlines, working independently, and achieving assigned tasks are required. Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Word and Excel skills, possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
- A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
We are an EOE.