Fitter / Layout
Location - Struthers, OH
Pay - $17.00 hourly
Shifts - 2 available, 7 am to 3: 30 and 3: 30 to midnight. Monday thru Friday.
Benefits - After probationary period.
Manufacturing company in Struthers is currently looking for QUALIFIED and EXPERIENCED Fitters.
This company manufacturers components for the Steel and Energy industries. These are very large components and the right candidate will have experience fitting a variety of sizes of materials.
- Fits and assembles structural frameworks and housings from materials and welding equipment and following blueprint specifications: Examines blueprints and materials list to obtain parts specifications.
- Lays out parts dimensions on worktable, using square, chalk line, and soapstone.
- Tack-welds metal to outline to provide jig for assembly.
- Positions parts in jig and files, chisels, and grinds parts, as indicated, to fit them together.
- May heat parts with acetylene torch and bend them in vise, on anvil, or around stakes mounted in table.
- Tack-welds fitted parts together
- May heat parts with acetylene torch and dip parts in cyanide bath to harden.
- Periodically compares dimensions of assembly to blueprint specifications, using square, rule, and calipers.
- May anneal parts with acetylene torch to remove stresses of welding.
- May fasten parts together with acetylene torch and brazing rod.
- 5+ years fitting/layout experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must pass drug and background screen.
ISG is an Equal Opportunity Employer