Excavation Foreman - Working
Pay: $25 to $30/ Hour.
Hours: 7 am to 3: 30 pm.
Location: 50 mile radius of Coraopolis, Pa
Benefits: After probationary period.
High performing commercial construction company is currently seeking a reliable excavation foreman to become a member of our team. The candidate must be an effective communicator with excellent negotiation skills. The ideal candidate will exhibit a strong work ethic, dedication to the company s core values of superior customer service and exhibit a positive can-do attitude. This person must be flexible, thrive in a fast-paced environment and be equipped with strong time management and problem solving skills to tackle numerous challenges. Must be proficient in heavy equipment operation, able to read plans, have good communication skills, and knowledge of industry specifications and practices.
** This is a working Supervisor / Foreman position.
Essential Job functions:
- Dirt/site development experience
- Heavy Equipment use and knowledge. Skillfully operates heavy equipment: includes ditching, excavating, backfilling, tamping, breaking, running, maneuvering, etc. With minimal disruption to the surrounding improvements and infrastructure.
- Ability to read grade and plans
- Strong people-skills for dealing with subcontractors and all points of contact
- Capable of managing a staff or work independently
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of grading with GPS
- Must be physically capable of performing work requirements asked of them.
- Must follow all safety policies and safety procedures per company and utility customer standards.
- Skilled worker who possess the required knowledge, skill, and physical ability to perform construction and maintenance duties of the equipment.
- Ability to perform the essential physical functions of the job and operate within a short time frame as needed
- Must work well with others
- Secure work site, equipment and materials at the end of each shift to ensure public safety and safety of equipment and materials
- Inspects heavy equipment: includes structures and materials; identifies causes of errors and other problems or defects
- Monitors information: includes materials, events, or environment; detects or assesses problems associated with heavy equipment
- Identifies information: includes categorizing, estimating, and recognizing differences or similarities in heavy equipment; detects changes in circumstances or events
- At least 5 years prior heavy construction equipment operator experience.
- Working knowledge of general hand tools and power tools preferred.
- Ability to work in all types of weather.
- Must complete and pass a pre-employment drug & alcohol screen.
- Personal transportation available to and from job site.
- Current/Valid Driver s License preferred.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
- Customer focused
- Professional appearance
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to be flexible, organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Own reliable transportation.
- Must pass pre employment drug screen
We are an EOE.